Business & Corporate Law
Our lawyers have served as in-house counsel for Fortune 50 companies and as general counsel for music industry icons, and can tailor strategic legal and business planning for all types of businesses, including new media & technologies startups, and entrepreneurs, business entity formation, management & structures.
Shrum & Associates counsel all types of businesses, including privately-held and public corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, non-profits, and other forms of organizations. Our clients include entertainment entities, entrepreneurs, start-up companies, manufacturers, retailers, service industries, and family businesses in almost every sector of the economy. We offer counseling services in the following areas:
- Corporate Formation and Governance of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited, General and Family Partnerships, Professional Associations and Joint Ventures
- Choice of Business Entity
- Business Plan Development, Review, and Counsel
- Operating Agreements/By-Laws and Partnership Agreements
- Agreements Governing Stockholder Relationships, Stock Options and Voting Trusts, including mergers and acquisitions and stock/membership interest purchases and transfers
- Corporate Record-Keeping and Licensure Compliance
- Regulatory Filings for Business Entities, UCC Security Interests, Trademarks and Copyright
- Risk Management Advice and Recommendations
- Operational Policies and Procedures Compliance Development, Review, and Counsel
- Business Contracts (drafting, negotiation, and review)
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreements
- Commercial Lease Review and Negotiation
- Licensing and Distribution Agreements.
Our senior lawyers have served as advisors, board members and general counsel for:
- The Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame;
- Christian Music Publishers Association;
- Nashville Chamber Orchestra;
- Save the Music Foundation.